Pickup security code adds another level of security when customers come to pick up their order. Along with giving you their order number, your customers will need to provide the pickup security code.
Enabling the pickup security code
Pickup security code will be enabled on your store by default, in Store Pickup + Delivery > Settings > Store pickup.
Using the pickup security code
When you mark the order as Ready for pickup, pickup security code will be included in the Ready for pickup email Store Pickup + Delivery sends to your customers.
It will also be added in the additional details in the Shopify order view.
- When your customers come to pick up their order, they will need to provide the pickup security code they have received in the Ready for pickup email.
- You will then need to enter it before marking the order as picked up.
- If the code is valid, you can mark the order as picked up. Your customers will then receive their Picked up email.
Disabling the pickup security code
If you do not require customer verification during order pickup, then you can disable the pickup security code.
- Within Store Pickup + Delivery, click the Settings tab.
- Click Store Pickup.
- In the Security and fraud prevention section and uncheck Enable pickup security code.
- Click Save.
Customers will no longer receive a security code when you mark an order as Ready for pickup and your staff won't be asked to enter a code before marking the order as Picked up.