To use Gophr
- Your store must be located in the UK.
- Your store will need access to the Carrier Service API, and Store Pickup + Delivery will need to be added as a carrier to your domestic shipping profile.
- You must have an active Gophr account and API key (you will need to reach out to Gophr support to receive an API Key).
- You must have delivery date and time picker enabled within Store Pickup + Delivery.
- You need to add weight to your products.
Connect Gophr with Store Pickup + Delivery
You will need an account and an API key from Gophr. If you don’t have one yet, please review the Gophr help guide.
- Go to Store Pickup + Delivery > Settings > Last mile delivery.
- Click Activate Gophr.
- Enter the API key you got from Gophr.
- Click Activate Gophr again.
Your Gophr integration should now be activated.
The next step is to set up the integration to your liking.
First, add a support email address. This is an email address we will use to tell you if there is an issue while scheduling a delivery.
Next, select the locations Gophr should handle deliveries for. You will need to add a contact name and contact number for each location. That way Gophr can contact you with any questions regarding pickup.
In the tracking details section, you can choose to add tracking details to your delivery orders. This will let you and your customers see the delivery driver in real time.
Delivery rates with Gophr
While Gophr has rather affordable pricing, you can choose how you want to charge your customers for delivery:
- Offer free deliveries for orders over a certain value to entice your customers
- Earn more by charging a handling fee to the calculated rates
Enable Gophr delivery rates and give the rate a name.
To charge on top of Gophr delivery rates, add either a flat amount or a percentage in the handling fee section.
If you like, you can offer free delivery for a customer that makes a large order. Check Enable free delivery when order value exceeds minimum order value and set the minimum order value.
When testing Gophr rates please ensure your pickup and delivery addresses are different.
If you're not using Gophr for rates, the phone number field in the checkout should be a required section. Please set this in Shopify admin > Settings > Checkout.
Frequently asked questions
- How much does Gophr charge for delivery?
Gophr calculates their fees based upon the distance from your brick and mortar store to your customer's home. If you would like to know more, please contact email@example.com.
- Does Gophr work with Shopify's native local delivery features?
No. The best way to integrate Gophr with your Shopify store is by using Zapiet's Store Pickup + Delivery app.
- Can my customers use Express Checkout or third-party sales channels?
Not currently. Shopify does not currently allow app developers to interact with third-party sales channels such as Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
- If I cancel a delivery order within Shopify will it automatically cancel on Gophr?
Yes. We will automatically cancel the order within Store Pickup + Delivery and Gophr should you mark the order as cancelled within Shopify.
- Do the Gophr tracking details get added to my Shopify orders?
This is a configurable setting. You can decide whether or not Gophr's tracking URL and number should automatically be added to your Shopify orders.
- Where does Gophr currently operate in?
Gophr currently operates in the United Kingdom.
- Can I easily disable Gophr if I decide to no longer use their services?
When you click "Disable integration" on the Gophr settings page, we will stop sending orders to Gophr. Please contact Gophr for more information on cancelling their services.
- Can I operate my own deliveries alongside Gophr?
The integration allows you to specify which of your brick and mortar locations Gophr should handle deliveries for. This allows you to continue operating your own in-house delivery drivers for specific locations, and use Gophr for other locations.
- Will Shopify tips get sent through to Gophr?
You can select whether or not you would like Shopify tips to be sent through to the drivers by checking the "Send tips to Gophr" field. The value of the tip will be sent to Gophr, and Gophr will then invoice you for both the cost of the delivery and the tip. Gophr will then add the tip to the driver's pay.