- Your store must be running v7.0.4 (or above) of Store Pickup + Delivery
If you are unsure which version you are using please contact [email protected]
- You must have an active Roadie account and API key
- You must configure a pickup name and phone number on your locations
- You must have our delivery date and time picker enabled
Setup a Roadie account
Before you can use this integration you must first setup a Roadie account by heading to https://my.roadie.com/send/sign-up. Once you have created a Roadie account please reach out to your Roadie account manager and ask them to send you an API key for use with Zapiet.
Configuring your locations
Roadie require a contact name and phone number in order to schedule deliveries. You can specify these via your locations Custom Attribute fields. The contact name should go in Custom attribute 1 and the phone number in Custom attribute 2.
Enabling Roadie on your Shopify store
- Click Last mile delivery within the Store Pickup + Delivery Settings page
- Next, click Activate Roadie
- Enter your Roadie API key and click Activate Roadie
- Select the locations Roadie should handle deliveries for
- Click Save
All future delivery orders from the locations you selected will now be sent to Roadie automatically.
When testing Roadie rates please ensure your pickup and delivery addresses are different.
Frequently asked questions
- How much does Roadie charge for delivery?
Roadie calculate their fees based upon the distance from your bricks and mortar store to your customers home. If you would like to know more please contact [email protected].
- Does Roadie work with Shopify's native local delivery features?
No. The best way to integrate Roadie with your Shopify store is by using Zapiet's Store Pickup + Delivery app.
- Can my customers use Express Checkout or third party sales channels?
Not currently. Shopify does not currently allow app developers to interact with third party sales channels such as Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
- If I cancel a delivery order within Shopify will it automatically cancel on Roadie?
Yes. We will automatically cancel the order within Roadie should you mark the order as cancelled within Shopify.
- Do the Roadie tracking details get added to my Shopify orders?
This is a configurable setting. You can decide whether or not Roadie's tracking url and number should automatically be added to your Shopify orders.
- What locations does Roadie operate in?
Roadie currently operates nationwide in United States of America.
- Can I easily disable Roadie if I decide to no longer use their services?
Of course. Simply click "Disable integration" on the Roadie settings page.
- Can I operate my own deliveries alongside Roadie?
The integration allows you to specify which of your bricks and mortar locations Roadie should handle deliveries for. This allows you to continue operating your own in-house delivery drivers for specific locations, and use Roadie for other locations.