Ryde allows you to seamlessly blend internal and outsourced delivery workforces. Features include live route mapping and proof of delivery.
If you want to use Ryde to generate rates at checkout, your store will need access to the Carrier Service API, and Store Pickup + Delivery will need to be added as a carrier to your domestic shipping profile.
- You must have an active Ryde account and API key.
- The Ryde support team will issue you with an API key
- You must have our delivery date and time picker enabled
Connect Ryde with Store Pickup + Delivery
You will need an account and an API key from Ryde. If you don’t have one yet, please contact the Ryde support team.
- Go to Store Pickup + Delivery > Settings > Last mile delivery
- Click Activate Ryde
- Enter the API key you got from Ryde
- Click Activate Ryde again
Your Ryde integration should now be activated.
Next step is to set up the integration to your liking.
First add a support email address. This is an email address we will use to tell you if there is an issue while scheduling a delivery.
Next, choose for which locations Ryde will deliver orders. You will need to add a contact name and contact number for each location.
In the tracking details section, you can choose to add tracking details to your delivery orders. This will let you and your customers see the delivery driver in real time.
Delivery rates with Ryde
While Ryde has rather affordable pricing, you can choose how you want to charge your customers for delivery:
- Offer free deliveries over a certain value to entice customers
- Earn more by charging a higher delivery rate than Ryde by adding a handling fee to Ryde's rates. You can add a flat amount or a percentage.