There are no shipping methods available for your cart or address
If you see the error message "There are no shipping methods available for your cart or address" within the checkout it means that no rates can be found for the address and products been ordered.
- Customers are bypassing the widget
- Widget is out of date
- Carrier service is missing
- Rates are setup incorrectly
- Product page "Buy Now" button is active
- 3rd party channels like Facebook and Instagram are active
- Carrier Service API has been removed
1. Customers are bypassing the widget
The most common reason for rates not generating is by customers bypassing our widget. If a customer does not see our widget then our system will not know which rates to display within the checkout process.
Please check to ensure that you have no Buy Now or Checkout buttons enabled that send customers direct to your checkout without first seeing our widget. We recommend disabling any AJAX, modal or drawer carts to help with this, as well as enabling fallback rates.
2. Widget is out of date
We are constantly improving the stability and compatibility of our app. If you are having any rates issues please ensure that you are using the latest version of the app. At the time of writing the latest version is v6.0.8. You can find out which version your store is using by following the instructions below.
- Within Shopify click Online Store and then Themes
- Click Actions and Edit code
- In the search field enter storepickup.liquid and open the file
- You should now be able to see the version number
If you are not using version v6.0.8 or above, please contact [email protected] and we will upgrade you.
Note: We are actively working on a self-upgrade feature so in the future you won't need to contact support.
3. Carrier service is missing
In order for Store Pickup + Delivery to generate rates within your checkout you must ensure our carrier service has been added to your domestic shipping zone.
- Within Shopify click Settings and then Shipping
- Click Manage rates
- Within your domestic shipping zone you should see Store Pickup + Delivery listed
- You should also see Automatically offering future services when they become available
- If you do not see the Store Pickup + Delivery listed click Add rate
- Select Use carrier or app to calculate rates and configure as shown below
- If you do not see Store Pickup + Delivery listed in the drop down menu, please ensure that your Shopify plan includes access to the Carrier Service API. If you have access to the Carrier Service API try disabling and re-enabling rates from the bottom of the Rates page within Store Pickup + Delivery and then refreshing your shipping zone page.
4. Rates are setup incorrectly
It's often easy to miss the obvious. Always double check that you have correctly configured your rates within the app. We often see merchants setting a minimum order value on their rates of $35 and then when testing they have less than $35 worth of products in their cart.
5. Product page "Buy Now" button is active
Unless you offer nationwide shipping we recommend that you disable the product page "Buy Now" button, sometimes called accelerated or dynamic checkout. This is because your customers will never see our widget or the option to select local delivery or store pickup. As a result no rates will be generated within your checkout and your customers will not be able to complete their orders.
If you provide nationwide shipping and would like to keep the product page Buy Now button active, then you must activate fallback rates for shipping.
6. 3rd party channels like Facebook and Instagram are active
If you are selling via a 3rd party sales channel such as Facebook or Instagram it should be noted that your customers will not be able to select store pickup or local delivery. This is because these sales channels bypass your shopping cart page where our widget is located.
Only shipping is available on 3rd party sales channels and you must have fallback rates enabled.
Carrier Service API has been removed
It's possible that your rates aren't generating as the Carrier Service API has been removed from your Shopify plan. This happens when switching from a development store to a paid plan. You can check if your store has access to the Carrier Service API by following the instructions below.
- Within Shopify click Settings and Shipping
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Manage integrations
- If you see Connect carrier account then the Carrier Service API is enabled on your store
If you do not see the button mentioned above you will need to ask Shopify to enable the Carrier Service API on your plan.