What is the Carrier Service API?
The Carrier Service API is a Shopify feature that allows apps like Store Pickup + Delivery to generate rates within your checkout.
This is required if you wish to show the customer only the rates that are related to the checkout method selected e.g.
Store Pickup selected - only show free store pickup rate
Local Delivery selected - only show local delivery rates
If your rates are all added to your Shopify shipping zone, all rates will appear at the same time regardless of checkout method selected.
If you are an Shopify Advanced or Shopify Plus customer the Carrier Service API is included on your plan. If you are on any other plan please follow the instructions below.
How do I add the Carrier Service API to my Shopify plan?
You can add the Carrier Service API to any Shopify plan for free by switching to annual billing. Shopify will also give you 10% off your entire plan.
Alternatively you can pay Shopify $20/month for the Carrier Service API.
Zapiet do not benefit in any way from charges for the Carrier Service API. This is purely a Shopify feature.
How to switch to annual billing
You must be logged into the Store Owner account to switch to annual billing.
- Within Shopify click Settings and then Plans and permissions
- Click Compare plans
- Click Change your billing period
- Select Every year from the list of options
- Click Start plan
- Once you have switched to annual billing the final step is to contact Shopify via the Shopify Help Center and ask the following:
"I have just switched to annual billing so that I can use the Carrier Service API for free. Please can you enable it on my account as soon as possible so I can use Zapiet's rates features?"
If you are unsure on how to contact Shopify follow steps 1 -3 below.
How to pay monthly
Please ensure that you are logged in as the Store Owner otherwise Shopify won't be able to help.
- Visit support.shopify.com and click Chat with us
- Then click I have a store
- Enter your myshopify.com store URL if you are not already logged in
- Copy and paste the text below into the your message field and click Chat with us
"Please can you add the Carrier Service API to my plan for $20/month so that I can use Zapiet's rates features?"
If the Carrier Service API is not active on your Shopify plan, you'll see the following message under Shopify Settings/Shipping and delivery/Carrier accounts. You'll need to contact Shopify Support to have it enabled:
The Carrier Service API can be automatically disabled in some circumstances, for example:
- Your Shopify plan was downgraded
- Your billing cycle frequency was changed from annual to monthly
- Your annual plan came to an end
- Your store was moved from a Development plan to a paid plan
In these cases please contact Shopify Support to re-enable the Carrier Service API. Please note Zapiet is not able to enable or disable the Carrier Service API on your Shopify plan.