- Your store must be running v7.0.4 (or above) of Store Pickup + Delivery
If you are unsure which version you are using please contact [email protected]
- You must have an active DoorDash Drive account
- You must have our delivery date and time picker enabled
Setup a DoorDash Drive account
Before you can use this integration you must first setup a DoorDash Drive account by heading to https://get.doordash.com/products/drive. Once you have created an account please reach out to your DoorDash Drive account manager and ask them to send you your unique Business Identifier for use with Zapiet.
Enabling DoorDash Drive on your Shopify store
- Contact [email protected] and ask for DoorDash Drive to be activated on your store.
- Once our support team has confirmed DoorDash Drive has been activated login to Store Pickup + Delivery and click Last mile delivery within the Store Pickup + Delivery Settings page
- Next, click Configure DoorDash Drive
- Enter you unique DoorDash Drive business identifier which is obtainable via the DoorDash Drive portal
- Select the locations Doordash Drive should handle deliveries for and enter a contact name and number
- Click Save
All future delivery orders from the locations you selected will now be sent to DoorDash Drive automatically.
If you would like to provide your customers with the ability to tip their driver it's easy.
Should a customer select to tip their delivery driver the value will be sent through to DoorDash automatically. DoorDash will invoice you for the cost of the delivery plus the value of the tip.
- Within Shopify click Settings and Checkout
- Click Show tipping options at checkout
- You can pre-define three tipping pricing brackets based on percentage of the order value. Customers will also be able to enter a custom fixed price value.
- Click Save
When it comes to rates and DoorDash Drive you have a number of options. You can either calculate the cost of delivery yourself via the apps Rates page or Enable DoorDash Drive rates to automatically let DoorDash Drive calculate the cost of delivery and return the price directly into your checkout.
If you decide to Enable DoorDash Drive rates you can easily modify the rate name and description as well as applying a percentage and/or fixed fee on top of the price returned by DoorDash Drive.
In addition you can also override the price returned by DoorDash Drive should the order value exceed a specific value. For example if you want to offer free deliveries on orders over $100 you can do so easily.
Frequently asked questions
- How much does DoorDash Drive charge for delivery?
DoorDash Drive calculate their fees based upon the distance from your bricks and mortar store to your customers home. If you would like to know more please contact [email protected].
- Does DoorDash Drive work with Shopify's native local delivery features?
No. The best way to integrate DoorDash Drive with your Shopify store is by using Zapiet's Store Pickup + Delivery app.
- Can my customers use Express Checkout or third party sales channels?
Not currently. Shopify does not currently allow app developers to interact with third party sales channels such as Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
- If I cancel a delivery order within Shopify will it automatically cancel on DoorDash Drive?
Yes. We will automatically cancel the order within DoorDash Drive should you mark the order as cancelled within Shopify.
- Do the DoorDash Drive tracking details get added to my Shopify orders?
This is a configurable setting. You can decide whether or not DoorDash Drives tracking url and number should automatically be added to your Shopify orders.
- What locations does DoorDash Drive operate in?
DoorDash Drive currently operates in select areas of the United States of America, Canada and Australia.
- Can I easily disable DoorDash Drive if I decide to no longer use their services?
Of course. Simply click "Disable integration" on the DoorDash Drive settings page.
- Can I operate my own deliveries alongside DoorDash Drive?
The integration allows you to specify which of your bricks and mortar locations DoorDash Drive should handle deliveries for. This allows you to continue operating your own in-house delivery drivers for specific locations, and use DoorDash Drive for other locations.
- Does changing the date or time in Store Pickup + Delivery reschedule delivery in DoorDash Drive?
No, you will need to manually reschedule the delivery in DoorDash Drive.
- When will DoorDash Drive pick up my delivery orders?
All orders are sent through to DoorDash Drive the moment they are created in Shopify. So if 20 orders are created for tomorrow in the 9-11am slot, then the DoorDash driver could turn up at 9am expecting all 20 orders to be ready. Please make sure you have enough preparation time to create the orders.