- Your store must be running v7.0.4 (or above) of Store Pickup + Delivery
If you are unsure which version you are using please contact email@example.com
- You must have an active Axlehire account and API key
- You must configure a pickup name and phone number on your locations
- You must have our delivery date and time picker enabled
Setup a Axlehire account
Before you can use this integration you must first setup a Axlehire account by heading to https://axlehire.com/. Once you have created a Axlehire account please reach out to your Axlehire account manager and ask them to send you an API key for use with Zapiet.
Configuring your locations
Axlehire require a contact name and phone number in order to schedule deliveries. You can specify these via your locations Custom Attribute fields. The contact name should go in Custom attribute 1 and the phone number in Custom attribute 2.
Enabling Axlehire on your Shopify store
- Click Last mile delivery within the Store Pickup + Delivery Settings page
- Next, click Activate Axlehire
- Enter your Axlehire API key and click Activate Axlehire
- Select the locations Axlehire should handle deliveries for
- Click Save
All future delivery orders from the locations you selected will now be sent to Axlehire automatically.
Our Axlehire does integration does not currently provide dynamically calculated rates. You should instead create your delivery rates within Store Pickup + Delivery or compatible app.
Frequently asked questions
- How much does Axlehire charge for delivery?
Axlehire calculate their fees based upon the distance from your bricks and mortar store to your customers home. If you would like to know more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Does Axlehire work with Shopify's native local delivery features?
No. The best way to integrate Axlehire with your Shopify store is by using Zapiet's Store Pickup + Delivery app.
- Can my customers use Express Checkout or third party sales channels?
Not currently. Shopify does not currently allow app developers to interact with third party sales channels such as Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
- If I cancel a delivery order within Shopify will it automatically cancel on Axlehire?
Yes. We will automatically cancel the order within Axlehire should you mark the order as cancelled within Shopify.
- Do the Axlehire tracking details get added to my Shopify orders?
This is a configurable setting. You can decide whether or not the Axlehire tracking url and number should automatically be added to your Shopify orders.
- What locations does Axlehire operate in?
Axlehire currently operates nationwide in the United States of America.
- Can I easily disable Axlehire if I decide to no longer use their services?
Of course. Simply click "Disable Axlehire" on the Axlehire settings page.
- Can I operate my own deliveries alongside Axlehire?
The integration allows you to specify which of your bricks and mortar locations Axlehire should handle deliveries for. This allows you to continue operating your own in-house delivery drivers for specific locations, and use Axlehire for other locations.