With our delivery validation feature, you can validate if the customer is eligible for delivery.
Maximum radius method checks the address that your customers entered in the widget. That address will need to be within the radius you entered in your location settings.
In order to use this feature, you will need a Google Maps API key. Please follow our Google Maps API key article to create one.
To learn more about other delivery validation methods, take a look at our Delivery validation article.
- How does maximum radius work?
- Enabling maximum radius method
- Adding maximum radius to the location
- Changing the wording in the widget
How does maximum radius work?
- Enabling maximum radius method will add a field to the Local delivery section of our widget.
- You will need to enter your radius in the location settings.
- Your customers will need to enter their address to check if delivery is available.
- They will start typing their address and select it from the dropdown menu.
- If the address is in your radius, they will be able to proceed.
- The address will automatically populate in the next step of the checkout.
- If the address is not in your radius, they will get an error and not be able to proceed further.
Distance measured is the "as the crow flies" distance (straight line) from your store to the customer's address.
Enabling maximum radius method
- Open the Apps section in your Shopify admin and click Store Pickup + Delivery.
- Within Store Pickup + Delivery, click the Settings tab.
- Click Local delivery.
- Scroll down to the Distance validation section and locate the Validation field.
- Select Customer within maximum radius.
- Enter your Google Maps API Key. If you do not have one, please follow the steps in our Creating a Google Maps API Key article.
- Check the box Enable address autocompletion.
- Scroll to the Checkout section and make sure the Prepopulate shipping address fields setting is enabled.
- Click Save.
Adding maximum radius to the location
- Within Store Pickup + Delivery, click the Locations tab.
- Click the name of the location, e.g. Store 1.
- Under the Local delivery section, click Edit settings.
- Under the Distance validation field, enter your maximum radius.
- Click Save.
Changing the wording in the widget
- Within the Store Pickup + Delivery app, click the Settings tab.
- Click Text and design.
- Find the Local delivery settings.
- Change the wording in every field containing postal code/zip code into address.
- Click Save.
This is how your widget would look when you change the wording.
- Delivery validator is not compatible when using radius validation method. We are working on adding support for address autocompletion.
- You can use address autocompletion if your store delivers to only one country—we don't support autocompletion for multiple countries.
- Check if you've selected the correct validation method.
- Check if you've added the correct max radius within a location.
- Check Google Maps API article to make sure:
- You have enabled all the APIs (Maps, Geocoding, Places, Directions, Distance Matrix)
- Enabled billing
- Removed the restrictions on your Google Maps API key.